Alcoholic Beverage & Solicitor Permit

The City Secretary's Office is responsible for the issuance of certain permits and licenses for various operations within the City of Elgin, including alcoholic beverage licenses, and solicitor/vendor permits.

Solicitor/Vendor Permits

  1. Download the form (click here)
  2. Fill out and print the form
  3. Take it to the Police Department for a background check. (The Elgin Police Department is located at 202 Depot Street, Elgin, Texas, 78621)
    *Photo ID is required for Background Check
  4. Once the background check is completed, submit the application and One-Thousand-Dollar Surety bond to the City Secretary.
  5. The City Secretary will issue the permit if all the requirements are met.

Alcoholic Beverage Application

  1. Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) and get an TABC Permit
  2. Filed the original TABC Permit and the Payment to the City Secretary
  3. Fee is determined based on the type of alcohol sales.
    • Payments are accepted in cash, money orders, checks, credit or debit card (convenience fee).
  4. The City Secretary will issue the permit if all requirements are met.
  5. Please display the City Permit and the State permit at place of business.

Note: Incomplete application packages will not be accepted under any circumstances. 

For additional information or questions, please contact the City Secretary's Office.

Contact Us

  1. Amelia Sanchez
    City Secretary

    310 N Main Street
    P.O. Box 591
    Elgin, TX 78621

    Phone: 512-229-3222
    Fax: 512-285-3016

    Hours of Operation

    Monday - Friday
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

    Staff Directory